Spring Break Sale - Limited Time Learn More
Spring Break Sale - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering special Spring Break discounts!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Homecoming

Picnic With the Pups

July 2, 2017, 7:21 AM
Q: I have two questions: 1. How much water should be 11 week, 7lb cavapoo drink each day? 2. Is an hour car-ride too long for our pup? We have been invited to a cookout and told we can bring the puppy. We can't leave him home while we are gone, because it would be 5 or 6 hours alone in a crate for him while we are gone. The longest he is in a crate now is 5.5 hours at night while we sleep. Or would it be okay? We are training him to eliminate outside. He does not go in his crate.
A: The answer to your questions is "it's pretty much up to you" If the picnic is in a public use area frequented by dogs then I would suggest not taking your puppy. Otherwise, the time intervals of the ride or crate should not be a problem for him. If you choose to take him I would not feed him within a hour or the ride and if possible try taking him on shorter rides before the picnic.