DoctorPup Complimentary Service
Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more
Grapes and Raisins are DeadlyDecember 6, 2013, 10:13 AM
- Q: My 3 month old Yorkie (3 lbs) ate two red grapes... After he ate them someone told me that they are bad for dogs. Now I'm scared to death! He had a half of a grape yesterday as well. He is acting fine. He ate his dinner, drinking water, playing and running around . Please let me know what I should do. Thank you!
- A: Even a few grapes or especially raisins can be deadly for a dog that small. Since the ingestion was very recent we will induce vomiting. I am going to contact you and guide you through that process. Irreversible kidney damage and death can result if not handled promptly.